Ground Control to Major Linas

Linas Has a Party

Last Night a DJ Saved My Life...or whatever.

I'd like you to come to a party, there will be some very colorful people there.

DJ Linas in da house. Linas threw an 80's theme party, some people were not quite clear on the decade in question...or the pop culture cycle was really off during that time.

Enough Russian vodka, and whiskey and ginger (I had to introduce a Colorado favorite didn't I?) and no one cares what decade it is.
The night begins...

...with me wandering into a strange crowd of people and a backpack full of whiskey and ginger ale. Shortly thereafter they were no longer strangers.

And the beat drops...
...early in the night the enthusiasm for dancing was at a fever pitch.
And the beat goes on...
...Linas had a well thought out and intelligently crafted play-list for the decade theme of the party. It fell victim to alcohol and requests (read demands) after a while.


Linas' younger brother


















I found out later that i had met Linas' younger brother. At the time he was just some dude in a wig.

Linas and Muzi

The night before we went stopped by the main square to see what was drawing such a big crowd and met a new friend Muzi, from South Africa, he was in town for the design conference "spring design week" (iconograda). We bonded over our shared revulsion at the sugar-coated-pop-fest that was Eurovision, the mysterious event that was drawing such a big crowd to the main square.

Needless to say, Muzi was at the party.






Remas holding it down













...nuf said.




At the end of everything Linas, Remas (pictured above) and I were the only ones left, pathetic I know, and we devolved into drunken heartfelt conversations and insisting on playing specific songs for each other. I know we were at least respectably drunk because to this day Linas will bring up a band that I just have to listen to and not remember that he already played it for me...that night. 

No comments:

Post a Comment